Please take time to carefully read the Player Guidance and the Event Delivery Plan for your tennis activity (see links below).
Undertaking any activity, including tennis, has the potential for increased risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Government information around social distancing is available here. LTA COVID guidance and resources are available here.
Using LTA guidance, the Committee have prepared Risk Assessments (RAs) and Event Delivery Plans (EDPs) to create a COVID-secure environment for playing tennis.
Some key points from the risk assessments and event delivery plans include: -
- Do not leave your home to play tennis if you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- Players must bring hand sanitiser. Use sanitiser before and after play.
- Social distancing to be maintained before, during and after play for all tennis activity.
- Bring your own water.
- Clubhouse is closed except for adult member access to court keys, tennis balls, defib machine, toilets and first aid.
- Only one adult member at a time is allowed into the clubhouse.
- Face coverings must be worn when in the clubhouse unless there is a medical reason for not wearing a face covering. This is to reduce risk of droplet and fomite transmission.
- Minimise time in the clubhouse and toilet as they are areas of increased risk.
- Door must always be kept open when anyone is in the Clubhouse to improve ventilation.
- Take your rubbish home.
- Track and trace - The club will keep a record of all player names for 21 days after social play or other organised events in case of a positive test and track and trace follow up. The NHS QR code is available for use but this does not replace the keeping of a record.
- If anyone who has played at our club develops symptoms of COVID-19, please inform the club by emailing email@example.com and follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website.
- Spectating is allowed from 17.05.21.
- Use anti-bacterial wipes provided in the toilet to wipe down contact points before and after using the toilet (e.g. taps, door handle, flush handle, toilet seat). Used wipes to be placed in the bin, never flush down the toilet as they will cause blockages.
- New or fresh tennis balls are not needed for each match, but extra care must be taken to ensure the players do not touch their faces during play